Check out what has been happening in Utah Golf.
Changes Coming to the 2024 Championship Season
In 2024, players should expect a few changes to the format of some UGA Championships. These changes are being made after careful consideration, factoring in the current needs of the championship, and UGA member input. Here is what to expect in 2024:
Senior Divisions will play on March 14-15 with the Men’s and Women’s Divisions to play on March 16-17. This will allow the overall field to increase from 224 to 336 total players. This change will give more UGA Members a chance to play in this popular event.
Championship Exemption Adjustments:
Exemptions have been added for the following championships:
Utah State Amateur Championship
- Increase in PPR exemptions from three to six
- Lowest three amateurs at the Utah Open
Utah Mid-Amateur Championship
- Most recent Utah Four-Ball Champions
Utah Senior State Amateur Championship
- Senior State Amateur Champion increased from one to two years
- Super-Senior State Amateur Champion increased from one to two years
Inaugural UGA Utah Junior & Girls’ Junior State Amateur Championships:
Click Here to read about the new championships.
Elimination of The Last Chance Qualifier:
Instead of the traditional Last Chance Qualifier, there will be an 11th regular qualifier for the Utah State Amateur Championship.
Senior Qualifier for Utah Four-Ball Championship:
There will now be a separate event for the senior divisions to qualify for the Utah Four-Ball Championship. This will allow more teams an opportunity to play in this growing event while continuing to maintain the same two-day format for the championship proper.
Traveling Team Adjustments:
- Utah-Arizona Shootout: will be expanded to include two senior women and two super-senior men representatives.
- Captain’s Cup: will be retired with funding being reallocated to other traveling team programming.
- Governor’s Cup: two at-large selections will be replaced with two super-senior selections.