Jeannie Goddard Cup
This event offers Ryder Cup style matches for the top women and senior women amateur golfers in the state, and acts as a preview to the Utah Women’s State Amateur.
2019 Site: TBD
What is the Goddard Cup?
This event was named in memory of Jeannie Goddard, to honor a woman who has done so much for women’s golf in Utah. The Goddard Cup rewards the top women players in the state with a day of fun competition, lunch, and a shirt on the UGA.
Twelve total players (8 Regular and 4 Senior) will be invited via the WPPR and SWPPR list. Players will be split into two teams for a one-day competition at premier facility in Utah. Participants will play a concurrent singles and four-ball match which will be followed by lunch with the media.
UGA Selection Process
Each team member must agree to participate in all functions relating to the Goddard Cup Matches and must be current members of the UGA. The last event that will count in the Player Performance Rankings before teams are selected is the Mary Lou Baker Open. Players will be chosen in the following order:
- 1- First eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 2- Second eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 3- Third eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 4- Fourth eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 5- Fifth eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 6- Six eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 7- Seventh eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 8- Eight eligible on WPPR Rankings
- 1- First eligible on SWPPR Rankings
- 2- Second eligible on SWPPR Rankings
- 3- Third eligible on SWPPR Rankings
- 4- Fourth eligible on SWPPR Rankings