How does it work?
The WPPR rankings works on a rotating calendar basis. Example: When the points are awarded for the Women’s State Amateur are awarded, the points from the previous year’s Women’s State Amateur will fall off. Only a players top 4 point earning events will count towards their overall points total.
UGA Women’s Player of the Year
The player performance rankings will determine the UGA Women’s Player of the Year. The final counting event for the 2019 Women’s Player of the Year award is the U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship. A player must participate in at least two UGA championships or UGA conducted USGA qualifiers to be eligible to earn Women’s Player of the Year honors.
- CLICK HERE to view the past Player of the Year recipients
As of the August 11th, 2020
|4th||Mateo, Allysha Mae||115.00|
Other PPR Policies:
- If an event changes dates significantly, it will fall off 1 year after the conclusion of the event.
- Players qualifying for a USGA event at an out-of-state qualifier when the UGA does not offer that qualifier, or if a player is exempt into a USGA event, they will receive 20 points.
- Starting in 2019, there will be no bonus point categories. Each event that a player earns points for will be counted towards their best 4 events. Bonus points from 2018 will remain until they are scheduled to drop off.
- The UGA will not award points until the club fulfills its responsibilities of a sanctioned PPR event. If a facility fails to fulfill its responsibilities the UGA reserves the right to revoke PPR status.
- CLICK HERE for host course responsibilities.