The 2010 golf season is underway in St. George and as we wait for Mother Nature to make up her mind in the northern part of the state it is difficult not to get excited for another year of great golf in the beehive state. As the Utah Golf Association preps to fire up the statewide score posting network on March 15th there is one question I have for you. Did you know that the UGA is much more than just a handicap? While it is true that a major benefit to joining the UGA is an official USGA Handicap Index the UGA does much more than administer the USGA Handicap system and offers our members much more than just this one benefit.
During this past off-season the UGA conducted a survey of our general membership and found that our members all have two things in common; they love the game of golf and they want to play more golf! The UGA listened and now in addition to the 2-for-1 discounts that have always come standard with your membership UGA members can receive $10 off their 2010 Utah PGA Golf Pass. The golf pass has always been a wonderful value for those players looking for great deals at courses throughout the state and it just got even better (to order your golf pass today contact the Utah PGA offices and by providing them with your active UGA number you become eligible to receive the discount.
Benefits of membership in the UGA
• Two-for-one discounts at courses throughout Utah (see your UGA membership card for details)
• An official USGA Handicap Index
• Subscription to Fairways magazine (quarterly)
• $10 discount on Utah PGA golf pass
• Eligibility in tournaments held throughout the state
• Education and volunteer opportunities
• Discount on Salt Lake City Passports (see your UGA membership card for details)
• And much more!